About Our Terms and Conditions
Sussman Consulting Limited is the owner of this website, www.notebooksandpens.com (the “Website” or “Company”). www.notebooksandpens.com and Notebooks & Pens are Trading names of Sussman Consulting Limited, Registered in the Republic of Ireland under company number 627627. These terms will apply regardless of how the Website is accessed and will cover any technologies or devices by which Notebooks & Pens makes the Website available to You.
This document, including any other policies or documents referred to in these terms and conditions, (together the “Terms”) are the Terms on which this Website, including all products and services are made available to you (“You”/”Your”).
You must read these Terms carefully before using the Website and before ordering or registering with Notebooks & Pens. By accessing, browsing and/or using the Website You agree to be bound by these Terms in their entirety, whether or not You open an account through the Website, register with the Website or log into your account. If you do not agree to abide by these Terms, do not use or access the Website.
Certain products which are made available to You on or via the Website, and which You may order, are subject to additional terms and conditions. You will be notified of these additional terms and conditions when You access the relevant parts of the Website that relate to these products. Please note that if You order products that are subject to additional terms and conditions You will be seen as accepting them.
If You have any questions, complaints or comments relating to this Website or these Terms, please click here to contact us.
Who We Are
www.notebooksandpens.com / Notebooks & Pens, is a trading name of Sussman Consulting Limited, with registered address: Marina House, Clarence Street, Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin, Ireland.
Use of the Website
- By using this Website You confirm that all the information You provide when You place an order is true and accurate and that You will keep this information up-to-date.
- You agree that when using the Website and ordering
the products that You will:
- Not use this site for any illegal purpose or in any way that may lead to the encouragement, procurement or carrying out of any criminal activity
- only use this Website for lawful purposes
- not breach the terms of this agreement
- not access or attempt to access the accounts of other users
- not use this Website in any way that infringes the rights of anyone else or that restricts or inhibits anyone else’s enjoyment of the Website
- not penetrate or attempt to penetrate the Website security measures, or attack the Website servers via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack (DDoS)
- not knowingly or negligently introduce viruses, Trojans, worms or other harmful material onto the Website
While the Company endeavours to ensure that the Website is normally available 24 hours a day, the Company shall not be liable if for any reason the Website is unavailable at any time or for any period. Access to the Website may be suspended temporarily and without notice in the case of system failure, maintenance or repair or for reasons beyond the Company’s control.
Notebooks & Pens has taken reasonable precautions to try to ensure that prices quoted on the Website are correct and that products have been described properly. However, when ordering products through the Website, please note that:
- Although We try to display the colours of the products accurately on the Website, the actual colours You see will depend on Your monitor and display settings. Hence, We cannot guarantee that Your monitor’s display of any colour will accurately reflect the colour of the products;
- orders will only be accepted if there are no pricing errors on this Website and on authorisation of Your payment card
We can deliver to anywhere in the EU/EEA.
- Delivery is by courier (DPD / An Post)
- Delivery is 5 days a week, Monday to Friday, usually from 9am – 5pm.
- Delivery charges do not include any Brokerage charges or any other Duties and Fees that might incur in your country or country of destination.
Please email email@example.com for further information.
We will make every effort to despatch the goods within the estimated timescales, however delays are occasionally inevitable due to unforeseen factors. Notebooks & Pens shall be under no liability for any delay or failure to deliver the products within estimated timescales.
Cancellations and Returns
- If you are an EU consumer, under the EU Directive
2011/83/EC on consumers rights in respect of distance contracts (“Directive”)
as implemented in Your country, you are entitled to cancel Your contract with
Us as follows, regardless of whether the Product is damaged or incorrectly
- Your right to cancel orders: You can cancel Your order anytime within Fourteen (14) Calendar days after the day on which You received the products.
- During the above cancellation period, You have a duty to take reasonable care of the products and retain possession of them.
- All order cancellation requests under this Directive must be sent to Us by email and, as the date of Your notice is deemed to be the date on which You send Your notice to Us, You are responsible to keep a record of this.
- If You wish to cancel (or are considering cancelling) a Product You have ordered, please be aware that cancellation rights under the Directive do not apply to certain products and services (for example: personalised items, sealed computer software that was unsealed after delivery, made to measure orders, bespoke products, flowers, plants, food or gifts).
- Please note that if You receive the Product(s) before cancellation, You must return the Product(s) to Notebooks & Pens at Your own cost to the address provided together with the appropriate Return Merchandise Authorisation (RMA) that will be provided via email by Noteboooks & Pens’ Agent.
- In any event, all cancelled goods must be received by Notebooks & Pens no later than fourteen (14) days from the day in which You communicated Your decision to return the product.
- You should check all products You receive against Your packing slip to confirm that You have received everything You ordered. If the products You receive are damaged or incorrect then You must note the details of any damage or error in supply on the parcel summary and You must inform Us (by e-mail only) of any damage or error as soon as reasonably possible.
- You must return any cancelled products to Notebooks & Pens not later than fourteen (14) days after informing Us that: (i) the products are damaged; (2) have been incorrectly supplied or (iii) You are cancelling Your order under the Directive.
- If You choose to return any products to Notebooks & Pens, We will not be responsible for any loss or damage that occurs in transit and, for this reason; We recommend that You use a tracked and insured delivery service. If returned products are lost or damaged in transit, We reserve the right to charge and reclaim from You amounts related to such loss or damage.
- We recommend that for all returns You obtain a receipt of proof of postage as if Your products do not reach Us, We may ask for proof that they were sent to Us.
- Please note that We will not accept the return of any damaged or incorrectly supplied products where You fail to notify Us of this within 14 days of receiving such products.
- In the case of damaged or incorrectly supplied products, We may offer you a replacement Product(s).
- You must not use any products you wish to cancel, and products should be returned sealed in their original packaging.
- This Section is not intended to be a full statement of all your rights under the Directive. For further information about your statutory rights, contact your local trading standards authority or local consumer advice centre.
- For further details about how to exercise your cancellation rights, please see the Returns and Refunds section of the Website.
Refund Policy under the Directive
- Notebooks & Pens will give You a refund where You cancel and return a cancelled Product under the Directive. All such refunds will be processed in accordance with Your legal rights and Notebooks & Pens, will refund You within 30 days from the date on which We receive the cancelled product(s).
- If the products have already been delivered to You, You must make sure that Notebooks & Pens receive the product no later than fourteen (14) days from the day in which You communicated Your decision to return the product. The product must be received at the specified address and We suggest You obtain proof of Your postage. Where You only return part of Your order, We will refund the cost of the products only but not Your delivery charge.
- Any refunds made by Us will be made to the method of payment provided when You placed Your order and will be subject to Our right to withhold amounts for products which are found damaged on return.
General Website Terms
Accuracy of content
To the extent permitted by applicable law, NOTEBOOKS & PENS disclaims all representations and warranties, express or implied, that content or information displayed in or on this Website is accurate, complete, up-to-date and/or does not infringe the rights of any third party.
Damage to your computer or other device
NOTEBOOKS & PENS uses reasonable efforts to ensure that this Website is free from viruses and other malicious or harmful content. However, We cannot guarantee that Your use of this Website (including any content on it or any website accessible from it) will not cause damage to Your computer or other device. It is Your responsibility to ensure that You have the right equipment (including antivirus software) to use this Website safely and to screen out anything that may damage or harm Your computer or other device. Except where required by applicable law, NOTEBOOKS & PENS shall not be liable to any person for any loss or damage they suffer as a result of viruses or other malicious or harmful content that they access from or via this Website.
Links to other websites
NOTEBOOKS & PENS have placed links on this Website to other websites We think You may want to visit. We do not vet these websites nor have control over the content of these websites. By accessing these websites, You agree that We are not responsible for the content of these websites, including any advertising or products made available to You through such sites. Except as required by applicable law, NOTEBOOKS & PENS will not be responsible for any offence, damage or loss caused by or connected to Your use of such websites.
“Notebooks & Pens”, NOTEBOOKS & PENS logo trademarks of Sussman Consulting Limited. Other featured words or symbols, used to identify the source of goods and services on the site, are the trademarks of their respective owners/brands in the European Union and/or other countries.
NOTEBOOKS & PENS and/or its suppliers (as the case may be) retain all right, title, interest and intellectual property rights in and to the Materials. Nothing in these terms and conditions of use shall be construed as conferring by implication, estoppel or otherwise, any licence or right under any copyright, patent, trademark, database right, sui generis right or other intellectual property or proprietary interest of NOTEBOOKS & PENS or any third party.
Promotion Codes and Gift Cards
Under certain circumstances NOTEBOOKS & PENS will provide you with an online promotion code for a discount on products. We may display the promotion code via email or press marketing. When using a promotion code, please check the applicable terms and conditions.
NOTEBOOKS & PENS IS NOT LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOSS OF USE OF A PRODUCT/S OR ANY ASSOCIATED EQUIPMENT, LOSS OF PROFITS OR REVENUES, LOSS OF DATA, CLAIMS OF THIRD PARTIES, LOSS OF USE DURING THE PERIOD THAT THE PRODUCT IS BEING REPAIRED OR REPLACED, OR LOSS AND DAMAGES UNDER A LEGAL THEORY, EVEN IF NOTEBOOKS & PENS HAS BEEN ADVISED OF SUCH DAMAGES. NOTEBOOKS & PENS LIMITS OR EXCLUDES ITS LIABILITY TO THE PRICE PAID BY THE CONSUMER FOR THE PRODUCT.
TO THE EXTENT ALLOWED BY LOCAL LAW, NOTEBOOKS & PENS DOES NOT MAKE ANY OTHER WARRANTY OR CONDITION OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, SATISFACTORY QUALITY, AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. NOTEBOOKS & PENS DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE PRODUCT IS ERROR FREE OR THAT IT WILL FUNCTION WITHOUT INTERRUPTION. UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED ALL PRODUCTS SOLD ON THE SITE ARE PRODUCED, SERVICED AND WARRANTED BY THEIR RESPECTIVE BRAND – PLEASE CONTACT THE ORIGINAL MANUFACTURER OR THEIR LOCAL REPRESENTATIVE/DISTRIBUTOR FOR MORE INFORMATION.
Changes to these Terms
NOTEBOOKS & PENS reserves the right to change the Terms of this website from time to time without notice. Once changed, these terms will be posted on the website. If you do not agree with these terms and conditions, please do not access this Website.
If any of these terms and conditions are found to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from these terms and the remaining terms shall survive and continue to be binding and enforceable.
NOTEBOOKS & PENS does every effort to ensure that pricing information on the Website is correct and up-to-date. NOTEBOOKS & PENS reserves the right to refuse the order in case an error in pricing is found.
This Privacy Statement (v1.0) is effective from this day August 25th 2019
- General Information about us
1.1 This privacy notice applies to all personal information processing activities carried out by NOTEBOOKS & PENS. NOTEBOOKS & PENS is a trading name and a registered site name of Sussman Consulting Limited. NOTEBOOKS & PENS is a data controller in respect of personal information that we process in connection with our business (including the products and services that we provide).
1.2 In this notice, references to “we”, “us” or “our” are references to Sussman Consulting Limited t/a NOTEBOOKS & PENS.
1.3 We respect individuals’ rights to privacy and to the protection of personal information and are committed to safeguarding the privacy and security of the information we collect. The purpose of this Privacy Notice is to explain how we collect and use personal information in connection with our business. We may update our Privacy Notice from time to time, by communicating such changes to you and publishing the updated Privacy Notice on our website www.notebooksandpens.com. We would encourage you to visit our website regularly to stay informed of the purposes for which we process your information, your rights to control how we process it and the information we process.
2. Important information about this privacy statement
2.1 This Privacy Statement sets out the basis, on which any personal data you provide to us, or we collect from you through our website(s), our Applications and Services, or our operating partners will be processed by us.
2.2 Definitions are as per Definitions in our terms and conditions.
2.3 If you do not agree with this Privacy Statement, you should not conduct business with us.
3. Collection of your personal data
3.1 We collect your personal data in order to:
- allow us to provide you with our services;
- monitor, analyse and improve our services;
- allow us to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
3.2 What data is collected?
The use of Notebooks & Pens, www.notebooksandpens.com requires data to be collected. This data identifies you either directly or indirectly. Data that we collect includes the following:
Direct Identifiable Data – This is data that identifies you, the user, directly. This includes:
- First & Last Name
- Cellular/mobile phone number
- Address (Billing/Shipping)
Indirect Identifiable Data – This is data that identifies you indirectly. This data includes:
- Age group
- Geographical location
- When is data collected?
- When you visit the website – Cookies
- When you purchase – Name, Email, Address (Billing & Shipping), Phone number
- When you create an Account – Name, Address, Phone, and Email.
- When you contact us via email – Your Name and email address and if applicable, address and phone number.
- When you register to our email list – your email address
4. How we protect and manage your personal data?
4.1 We will take appropriate measures to ensure confidentiality of all information, both paper and electronic required for the operation of our business. We will take appropriate steps to protect data stored or transmitted against accidental or unlawful destruction, accidental loss or alteration, and unauthorised or unlawful storage, processing, access or disclosure.
4.2 We will ensure that your personal data will only be accessed by authorised personnel for legally authorised purposes.
4.3 We will only use personal data in our possession for its intended, specific and authorised purpose.
4.4 Your personal data will be retained and maintained in accordance with applicable Data Protection and Privacy laws and regulations. Upon request by you, we will amend the personal data we hold if factually incorrect or incomplete and provide you with a copy of any personal data held by us.
4.5 All our employees are trained in applicable Data Protection and Privacy legislation and will act with due care and diligence when handling personal data.
5. How do we use the data we collect ?
5.1 To communicate information to you
If you opt in we may use your name and email in order to keep in touch with you via email with news, offers, competitions, discount coupons, new products or events in which you are free to participate. If you change your mind and would like to be removed or added to our mailing list, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
5.3. To Improve NOTEBOOKS & PENS’s products and services offered.
In order to improve Notebooks & Pens site and products and services offered and ensure availability or our platform, we retain a log of service access and operation.
5.4. To analyse the aggregated data
We will not sell or share your personal data. We, NOTEBOOKS & PENS, believe that the anonymised data can serve a collective interest. All the data will be first anonymised to assure that your privacy is protected. Anonymised data and/or aggregated data may be use in particular to:
- Improve user experience
6. Third parties and your data
6.1 We will not share your information with anyone outside of NOTEBOOKS & PENS except:
a) where we have your permission;
b) where required for your product or service;
c) where we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation;
d) with third parties providing services to us and agents and sub-contractors acting on our behalf;
e) with third parties or other companies that enable the provision of our service to you;
f) in anonymized form as part of statistics or other aggregated data shared with third parties; or
g) where required by law;
If you ask us to, we will share information with any third party that provides you with professional services. If you ask a third-party provider to provide you with professional services, you’re allowing that third party to access information relating to the business you conduct with us. We are not responsible for any such third party’s use of your information, which will be governed by their agreement with you and any privacy statement they provide to you.
7. Retention Period of Data
All data will be retained for the period of your use of Notebooks & Pens and www.notebooksandpens.com and will be deleted within a reasonably time thereafter.
8. Where is your data kept?
The only data that is stored and managed by us is the information you’ve provided during registration on www.notebooksandpens.com (Location: EU) Site login information is also stored on www.notebooksandpens.com servers (Locations: EU). Payment details are stored on Stripe Payments Europe, LTD. (Location: Ireland) We will regularly review third party certification to approved international standards.
9. Can I delete my account?
You can delete your account – please contact us at: email@example.com
11. Rights of Access
Under EU law you have the right to be given a copy of your information. This being said, you can access all your information via www.notebooksandpens.com site. If you would like to get a copy of any other personal data, please contact us at the following email to get a request form: firstname.lastname@example.org.
12. Your personal data rights
12.1 You have a right to the following (unless it conflicts with another legal obligation):
- Seek access to information which we hold about you;
- To ask us to correct information about you which is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date;
- To erase your personal data unless certain conditions apply including that processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation;
- To restrict the processing of your personal data or to object to such processing;
- To data portability whereby your personal data can be transmitted directly from one controller to another where technically feasible.
- To lodge a complaint with us or with the Data Protection Commissioner. If you wish to raise a complaint in relation to how we handled your personal information, please email us at the email set out below. You have the right to complain to the Data Protection Commissioner.
12.2 Any such request should be made to us at by email to email@example.com. You can contact the Data Protection Commissioner at, 21 Fitzwilliam Square South, Dublin 2, D02 RD28, Ireland Phone +353 578 684 800; +353 761 104 800; For more information, visit www.dataprotection.ie or https://www.dataprotection.ie/en/contact/how-contact-us .
13. Using companies to process your information outside the European Economic Area (EEA)
We may transfer information about you and your products and services with us to our service providers and other organisations outside the EEA. We will always take steps to ensure that any transfer of information outside of the EEA is carefully managed to protect your privacy rights.
14. Changes to this Privacy Statement
14.1 We continue to review our controls and processes to ensure that they are effective in meeting our commitments to our customers. We reserve the right to change this Privacy Statement without notice at any time and from time to time, including as needed to comply with the laws and regulations of the jurisdictions within which we operate.
15. Collection of Technical Information
This website uses temporary “session” cookies which enable a visitor’s web browser to remember which pages on this website have already been visited. Visitors can use this website with no loss of functionality if cookies are disabled from the web browser.
Technical details in connection with visits to this website are logged by our internet service provider for our statistical purposes. No information is collected that could be used by us to identify website visitors. The technical details logged are confined to the following items:
- The IP address of the visitor’s web server. This is your computer’s id (or the internet company’s computer), expressed in “internet protocol” code (for example 184.108.40.206). Every computer connected to the web has a unique IP address, although the address may not be the same every time a connection is made
- The previous website address from which the visitor reached us, including any search terms used
- Clickstream data which shows the traffic of visitors around this web site (for example pages accessed and documents downloaded)
- The type of web browser (The piece of software is used to read web pages. Such Microsoft Internet Explorer or Netscape Navigator) used by the website visitor.
16. Use of Technical Information
NOTEBOOKS & PENS will make no attempt to identify individual visitors, or to associate the technical details listed above with any third party (apart from our internet service provider, which records such data on our behalf and which is bound by confidentiality provisions in this regard), unless obliged to disclose such information by a rule of law. The technical information will be used only by NOTEBOOKS & PENS, and only for statistical and other administrative purposes.
Your Consent and Changes to Privacy Statement
By using our website and by providing us with your personal information you consent to the collection and use of your information as we have outlined in this policy statement.
From time to time, we may use customer information for new, unanticipated uses not previously disclosed in our privacy notice. If our information practice change at some time in the future, we will post the policy changes to our website. If you are concerned about how your information is used, you should check our website periodically.
Accessing, Amending or Removing Personal Data
If you wish to access, amend or remove your personal information that we maintain about you, please send a notice in writing or email.
If you have any question or suggestion about this privacy statement please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org